Elements for a Board member Job Description
- To direct the organisation towards the realisation of its mission.
- To ensure that the organisation and its assets are effectively managed.
- Participate in creating and reviewing strategic orientations.
- Approve, on an annual basis, the action plan, budget, projects.
- Act as a collegiate body with collective responsibility.
- Appoint, support and monitor the Chief Executive Officer of the organisation
- Review Board performance and take regular steps to develop and improve this performance.
- Review, on an annual basis, the Directors’ Job Description.
- Ensure the organisational basis (personnel and financial) of the organisation is adequate to meet its operational needs.
- Attend Board meetings, having read e-mails and papers in advance of meetings.
- Participate in and support appropriate committees within the Board or externally to represent the policies and concerns of the organisation.
- Write short reports of all meetings, conferences etc. attended on behalf of the organisation, and forward to the organisation all presentations made at these events.
- Contribute specific skills, interests and contacts to the development of the organisation and its aims.
- Strengthen the membership base in country of origin, by encouraging membership applications.
- Examine membership applications from candidates from country of origin.
- Ensure that the member organisation from country of origin pay their fees.